Monday, December 22, 2014

December 7-13 2014


Today, I want to reflect upon my experience of joy this week of December 7-13.

             I remain joyful concerning my physical exercise, the total gym, Anytime Fitness, and P90X. My shoulder continues to heal.

            On a personal note, I finished watching a program called The Tomorrow People. We finished watching 24: Live Another Day.

            Some good study this week on sermons in January. I finished a book, The Meaning and End of Religion, a classic in its field. Good insights throughout.

            I preached from Psalm 85 on restoring us with peace. We are having a wonderful Advent observance. The Family Ministry Team had lunch after worship. What a wonderful and joyful experience that was! The youth small group met and had a wonderful lesson on forgiveness.

            I had some good conversation concerning finances of the church on Monday. I also had a very nice birthday lunch with the staff and Suzanne at Applebees.       

            Triple S had its final program of the year as we studied John 10:21-42. Kayc had some wonderful music for us. The food was wonderful, of course. Yes, it was a joyful time.

            We had a wonderful Trustees meeting and Finance meeting this week.

            I have been spending some time with a family who lost a family member this week. It has its own joy, as she is home with the Lord. The services are on Saturday.

            Good meeting with the Cass County Minister’s Association with some communication with the United Way.

            Good meeting concerning our 11 PM service on Christmas Eve.

            One of our adult small groups met at a home for their Christmas meal. Suzanne and I had a joyful time.

 

I came across an article that involved some of the financial stress of the millennial generation.


 

Here are some scriptures that relate to the theme of joy.

Psalm 126

5 May those who sow in tears

reap with shouts of joy.

6 Those who go out weeping,

bearing the seed for sowing,

shall come home with shouts of joy,

carrying their sheaves.

 

Isaiah 61:

 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me,

because the Lord has anointed me;

he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,

to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim liberty to the captives,

and release to the prisoners;

2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor

Isaiah 61

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,

my whole being shall exult in my God;

 

I Thessalonians 5:

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment