Saturday, December 6, 2014

November 30-December 6 2014


            For a week in which I am to preach on peace, it has not been a peaceful week.

            I have continued my P90X2 exercise routine, Total gym, and Anytime Fitness. My shoulder continues to improve, but it also continues to hurt. I am not sure what a rotator cuff injury involves, but as long as I continue improving, I will keep at this.

            A couple of birthday dinners this week, one for me (63) and one for Tim (43). Some very nice time with Michael a the Half Moon. David was not present because he was bringing home his new daughter. On December 2, Edith Annalyn Plasterer to my youngest son, David, and his wife Kari. She was 6lbs, 9.5 ounces. With Tim, we ate at Outback, of course, she could get his chicken.

            Sunday, I preached from Psalm 80, around the theme of restoration of hope. I had a difficult conversation after worship. I helped set up computers. Triple S studied John 10:1-21. I had some good conversation afterward with two members of the church. These were some serious conversations.

            Cross~Wind hosted District Conference this year. It went quite different with nomination of persons from the District.

            I went to a “Let’s Talk” event at University of Indianapolis, with Mark Achtemeier speaking around the theme of same-sex marriage. This will be a matter of much discussion over the next couple years.

            Good visit with a couple from the church in their home.

            A good day with Alan Hirsch, author of The Forgotten Ways. Good visit with some colleagues. Having read the book and watched a video, much was redundant. I supposed I might have benefited from some practical ways to follow through on what he said. Of course, it was good to see him in person.



            Some good reading this week regarding the theme of a book study group that is reading Mircea Eliade, The Sacred and the Profane.

 Here are a few scriptures on which I have been reflecting this week:

Psalm 85:

10 Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet;
righteousness and peace will kiss each other.


Isaiah 40:1
Comfort, O comfort my people,
says your God. 

II Peter 3:
{13} But, in accordance with his promise, we wait for new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness is at home. {14} Therefore, beloved, while you are waiting for these things, strive to be found by him at peace, without spot or blemish; {15} and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment