Saturday, September 27, 2014

September 20-26

Daniel Henderson, The Deeper Life, was the one who did the devotions for Men of Integrity Magazine this week. He refers to the longing that some people have that their lives matter or make a difference. How will the world be different because I was here? It made me think of the apostle Paul, for I have been preaching from his writings for a few months. He dedicated himself to Christ, of course, but also to the growth of the church in Gentile communities. The church never became very large until well after his death. Yet, his passion that we also find in his writings continue to inspire and nourish. In that way, as the devotional stressed, he outlived his life.

This week, my focus has been sketching March Sermons. I have also been revising the sketch I made for November and December sermons. I had a good time with the youth group last Sunday. We discussed the theme that Christ needs to define who we are in all the roles we play. I had some good meetings this week, including Staff meeting and Nominations. Good study with Triple S on John 2. We had some persons at Woodbridge Nursing Home and Memorial Hospital, and some good talks with them. The Acts study, on Chapter 13, was good, as always. Nice to have a new member of the study. A member of the church is working on the lights in the parking lot that are not working. Making some needed changes. I was able to make two of the Upward Soccer practices. I was on my way to the Choir, but ended up talking with two people and a little more with Upward. Had a good meeting with the Logansport Cluster group: Tom Henderson is new, Dean Fager, Damon Soper, all at BWW. 

In other news, Suzanne and I went to McAlisters in Kokomo. We also saw the movie, Maze Runner. I liked it. Sci-fi, to some degree, envisioning a dark future for humanity. It set itself for a sequel.

Physical exercise has continued, at least, as much as my injuries have allowed. Mostly, I have been doing yoga and total gym. I have gone to Anytime Fitness for some cardio. I tried running, which I have not done since the mini-marathon in May. Plantar flacitis is the problem. I went five miles yesterday, and hurt today. Running may be a thing of the past. I may need to learn to fast walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment