Sunday, January 1, 2017

Retirement Announcement

January 1, 2017

My assumption has been that this announcement does not surprise most of you. As you can imagine, this has been a reflective time for me. I became a student pastor in 1978. I look forward to many changes in my life over the next few months. Two things that will not change are my love for Jesus and my love for the Bible. Some of my recent sermons and studies have reminded me of how often the Bible comes back to love. Love means that something matters, moving against our nagging suspicion that nothing matters. Apathy and isolation are not the answer to the difficulties of life. When we love, we are in tune with, for God is love. Love binds Father, Son, and Spirit, with the Spirit invites us to participate in this love. Prayer is an expression of love to God and neighbor. Yes, God loves this world, and we join God in that love. As I look over the 55 years of being a Christian, I keep learning what it means to live with Jesus and to view the world with Jesus.

I hope you will keep the Staff-Parish Committee and the leadership of the church in your prayers. The Bishop and District Superintendent have already been working on someone who will come as pastor July 1. We have much to do over the next six months.


 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Best Wishes Pastor George! I am sure that God has wonderful plans in store for you and Suzanne. Take Care-
    Shana Duerr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so plastering contractors bristol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. plasterer bristol

    ReplyDelete