Thursday, November 16, 2017

Prayer: Help me let go of the past


Lord, as I enter this time of prayer, I ask that you help me to let go of what is past. Release me from anger, resentment, and hurt of days gone by. Free me from bitterness and help me to fill this space with the love of Christ. I offer my gratitude for your gifts.

  • For the gift of love, I offer thanks.
  • For those people in my life who love me unconditionally, I offer thanks.
  • For those who provide a safe place in the shelter of their unselfish love, I offer thanks.
  • For those who give, expecting nothing in return, I offer thanks.
  • For those who inspire me to raise to my best self, I offer thanks.
  • For those who have helped me to put the pieces of my life back together when it seemed like circumstances or my choices have shattered my hopes and dreams, I offer thanks.

I honor the past and look forward to the future with hope so that the fires of hatred in this world transform into flames of love through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment