Saturday, November 4, 2017

Prayer: I find it difficult to get into the boat


Lord Jesus, I find it difficult to get into the boat of life and set out across the dangerous seas of life when I am in the boat (Matthew 14:22-33). I can feel battered by the waves. I feel the wind against me. I wonder if you will reach me in time. Yet, you also want me to get out of the boat! You want me to walk toward you, ignoring the wind that makes sailing through life so difficult. You call me to trust that you will not let the waves swallow me into the depths. Yet, I find myself resisting. I want to stay behind. I have more fear than I do faith. Yet, help me to remember that when life gets difficult and the storms of life rage, you can fill me with the confidence that you come to me in the middle of the storm. Help me to remember that you will reach me in time. In the presence of death, grief, illness, despair, the waves crashing against the boat, and even my sinking into the depths, do not change the assurance that you are with me and for me. Give me patience to wait for you and allow you the time to come on your time rather than my time. Give me a heart that trusts you in all things. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment