Friday, November 3, 2017

Prayer: I confess my shortcomings


I want to confess honestly my shortcomings to the God who has love that will never let me go. I too often see others in terms of black and white and allow myself shades of grey. I can so quickly judge others by what they fail to do. I can also quickly give excuses for my actions. I can look askance at how others spend their money. I make allowances for my spending habits. I can so readily hold others to the rules and allow myself the luxury to bend them in order to justify my actions. I can be so eager to hold others accountable to the letter of the law while giving myself a measure of grace. Forgive me. In these moments of stillness, release me from the harshness of my ways and fill me with the love of Christ so much that it will flow outward to others as grace offered to them. I am so grateful for the grace of God that surrounds me and goes before me. I am so grateful that the love of God is stronger than my misdeeds. I receive your forgiveness. I receive this good news and breathe in the forgiving love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment