Friday, November 10, 2017

Prayer: Sometimes I find it difficult to know holy places


Lord, sometimes I find it difficult to know holy places and holy times, even when I am in the midst of them. On occasion, I long for a spectacular and unambiguous showing of your grace, something like a burning bush (Exodus 3:1-15). Yet, what I know I need and what my heart longs for is that your Spirit set my heart ablaze instead. On occasion, I long for the sound of your clear and unmistakable voice. Yet, what I truly long for is that your voice ring clear through my words, through the words of others, and through the matters on which I ponder. I want to know who you are. “I am” is the mystery of your name: “I am who I am,” “I cause to be,” “I am there for you.” Such mystery allows you to address the deepest needs of my heart. If my mind and heart are open, this place and this moment in which I now pray is holy. Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment