Friday, November 24, 2017

Prayer: You are gracious to hear me today


Lord, you are gracious to hear me today. I am in need of your grace and forgiveness, today and every day. Your graciousness allows me to be honest in prayer. You offer manna in the desert (Exodus 15). You nourish a hungry crowd with loaves and fishes (Matthew 14). Yet, I find it difficult to trust your abundance. I hoard what I have because it makes me feel secure. I keep score within my relationships by keeping tallies of my good works and the shortcomings of others. I follow Jesus, but only to a point. The gospel confronts me and challenges my complacency, and my response is to make excuses. Forgive me, gracious Lord. Help me to trust a divine grace that defies logic. Help me to live in the extravagance of your love and boundless mercy. Give me the will to live all of my life in service to you, my strength and redeemer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment