Sunday, November 12, 2017

Prayer: You have shown grace in the changing phases of my journey


Lord, you have shown your grace. I come to this place of prayer, recognizing that I have come to you at so many different stages in the journey that is my life. I have struggled with doubt and loss as I question your presence in the midst of my pain and the pain of those I love. Thank you for the patience to let your love seep into the broken places of my life. I have come to you with uncertainties about what I believe, what you want me to do with my life and how I might serve you. Thank you for helping me to honestly doubt, so that the question of faith and servanthood might have an honest answer rather than an apathetically accepted one. I have come before you with a joy that knows no bounds in the celebration of love and the fulfillment of dreams. Thank you that you have given me the grace to share the joy with others. I have come to you in my life from a variety of pathways. Yet, I can see that each path is part of the same journey to be part of your people. Your people have a mission to bring your love to the world through the one whom we strive to follow, Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment