Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Prayer: Too often I live in the shadows


Lord, you are light and truth. Yet, I confess that too often I live my life in the shadow of darkness.
  • I pray that your love and light would shine on all those who suffer, giving hope to those whose lives war, persecution, and slavery have obscured. Help them to know the power of your life-giving light.
  • Guide all the leaders of this world to govern with compassion and justice.
  • I pray for all whom stress and fear weigh them down. They attempt to muddle through their days relying on themselves instead of you. Turn their faces toward you, so that in their times of difficulty you are the beacon that guides them.
  • Shine your healing light on those who suffer the darkness and loneliness of depression. Vanquish the demons that wreak havoc in their lives and restore them to wholeness.
  • Bring healing to those who live under a cloud of pain and suffering, flooding their pain with the warmth of your light.
  • Comfort those who walk in the valley of the shadow of death, that whatever the number of their days, you will bathe them in your glow.
  • Fill me with your Spirit so that all who encounter me se the light of your love shining in my face. 
I pray all this in the name of Jesus Christ, who is the light of the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment