Saturday, November 18, 2017

Prayer: I confess I have been less than you called me to be


Lord, you are merciful. I confess that in attitude and action, I have been less than you created and called me to be.

  • I have forgotten your blessings toward me and in so doing I have failed to bless others.
  • I have taken for granted the limitless depth of your love and forgiveness, and in so doing, I have withheld love and forgiveness from others.
  • In my misguided efforts to maintain control, I have clung to bitterness, hurt, anger and disappointment, rather than letting go in faith and trust, releasing myself to the healing and cleansing power of your Spirit.

Forgive me, I pray. Forgive me for my willingness to settle for so much less than you desire to give me and to do in me. Restore me to right relationship with you and with others, for the sake of you Son, my Savior and Friend, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment