Thursday, November 9, 2017

Prayer: Help me to greet you when you show up in an unexpected way


Lord Jesus, you have come to humanity as the Jewish Messiah, the anointed one of God of Israel. The promise of a Jewish Messiah has become the hope for humanity. You are the power and love of God present to us. You have come to humanity as the Son of God, the actual presence of God with us. Today and every day, help me to greet you when your constant presence shows up in a surprising and unexpected moment in my life.  Enable me to lay aside my preconceptions of you. Enable me to meet you as you are rather than who I would have you to be. Help me to follow you, to walk with you where you lead, to love you as you are, and to be the disciple whom you would have me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment