Sunday, November 5, 2017

Prayer: You call me out of darkness and into your marvelous light


Lord, you call me out of darkness and into your marvelous light. However, I crouch in the shadows, ashamed of the wrong I have done and the good I have neglected to do. I have been a timid disciple, afraid of putting my life on the line for the good of your rule on earth. I conceal my true self from others. I hide behind the delusion of my power and competence. The mask I present to others conceals so much. I allow division and discord to rule in my heart, crowding out your presence. I know discord is not your way. You have shown me, in Christ, that you are a reconciling God. Call me back to you. Equip me for relationships of integrity in my family, church, and world, all of which you love. I acknowledge my need of your love today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment