Saturday, November 25, 2017

Prayer: Lord, I bring my broken, sinful, and weak self


Lord, I bring myself before you, just as I am. I am broken, sinful, and weak. I confess that I am fickle. I say one thing and do another. Forgive me, for I have sinned. I say that I want to follow you, but I turn around and walk the other way. I say that I love you, and yet, I do not love my brothers and sisters. For these reasons, and many more I could name, I find myself amazed at your grace, compassion, and slowness to anger. I humbly thank you. I know that you are here, ready to hear my prayer of confession and to help me to turn from my sinfulness. You have forgiven me repeatedly. Thank you for not treating me as my sins deserve. For the divine qualities of love and forgiveness, I worship you today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment