Friday, September 8, 2017

I ask forgiveness for my words


Lord, you are merciful. I ask your forgiveness for my words. I am grateful for the ability to speak. Through speaking, I communicate my hopes and dreams. I communicate my care for other people and the society in which I live. Through listening to the speaking of others, I come out of myself just a little, and engage in the world as another person sees it. Yet, so often, what I say is hurtful. I use words to tear down relationships, to make fun of others, and to show how incredibly witty I am. Sometimes, I know it the minute I say it. Other times, I may have fooled myself into thinking what I say is for their own good. Forgive me, Lord. Help me use my language to build up instead of tear down. Allow my words to show kindness and graciousness to others. Help me to live in love, as Christ has loved me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment