Saturday, September 16, 2017

Prayer: I can make much trouble for myself and others

God of unity and peace: I can talk much about unity and peace. At the same time, I can make much trouble for myself and for others. Quarrelling seems too natural to me. Whether in church, at home, at work, and even between nations and religions, quarrelling is part of my life. I can be so loyal to things and ideas. I can be loyal to my country. Yet, I must never allow such loyalties surpass my loyalty to Jesus Christ. The wisdom of this world is sometimes a parable of the rule of God that Jesus announced. Yet, I must never allow the wisdom of this world to look better to me than your Word. I can think of myself as so good that the humiliation of the love of God shown in the cross of Jesus is something from which I want to hide. Yes, today and every day, I need your forgiveness and mercy. Embrace me today with the power of your Spirit of reconciliation. Fill me with a powerful light that shines with love into the world. I want this day to show increased commitment to leading the life of a follower of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment