Thursday, September 21, 2017

Prayer: I pray for the courage of an open heart




Lord, I am grateful for your love. I pray today for the courage to have an open heart as I come to you in prayer. I admit my weaknesses. I know I will receive your loving understanding and leave this quiet time strengthened because by this conversation with you. Here are a just a few of my weaknesses.

  • For the times I have been less than patient with other people in my life.
  • I regret the instances when I have not given others the mercy they extended to me.
  • I am sorry that I have trivialized the important issues and exaggerated the small stuff.
  • Forgive me for all the occasions when I become extremely angry.



In spite of the weaknesses I can name and the weaknesses of which I am not even aware, help me to have gratitude today for the people in my life who love me anyway. I ask you, as one who loves me, to grant to me the grace to forgive myself. Help me to let go of the times when I have been less than my best. When others have forgiven me and when you have long forgotten, I still harbor feelings of shame and remorse. Help me to let go and love myself anyway, just as you continue to love me. I pray the lessons of the past might give me hope for the future. I pray these things in the name of the one who came that we might follow the way of love and life eternal. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment