Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Prayer: I live with the results of my sin and brokenness … Liberate me





Lord, I know that you are gracious. Yet, I live with the results of my sin and brokenness every hour. I see the results of human sin in a world full of violence, abuse, disease, poverty, discrimination, hatred, and fractured relationships that litter this world. I see how some people suffer loneliness, isolation, dislocation, hunger, depression, and addiction. Still others experience plagues caused by their regrets, failures, angers, or fears. Yet, I see so many who cling to the familiar patterns even though they cause pain and hurt to the ones they love. I see as well that I have done some of these things in my life. I am blind to the self-destructive behavior in me, even while I seem to see it so quickly in the lives of others. Am I still doing some self-destructive things? Becoming a slave to old attitudes, old ways of thinking, and old ways of acting is so easy that they (and I) do not even recognize the master they (and I) serve. Yet, you offer a different way. You are so gracious that your grace can help my find my true freedom. Set me free, I pray, to be the person you have designed me to be. Liberate me from all that threatens to keep me trapped and bound. In you alone, I will find the freedom to be what you created me to be. [See Romans 6:12-23.]

No comments:

Post a Comment