Sunday, September 17, 2017

Prayer: I confess the mixture of virtue and vice I find in myself


Lord, you are good, forgiving, and overflowing in unwavering love. I confess this is a beautiful contrast with the mixture of virtue and vice I find in myself. I am a mixture of good and bad, forgiveness and grudges, and faltering love. My sins are too heavy to carry, to real to hide, and too deep to undo. Forgive me for what my lips tremble to name, what my heart can no longer bear, and what has become for me a consuming fire of judgment. The pardon you have already offered to me in the cross of Jesus is my hope. Yet, in the quiet and urgency of this moment, set me free from a past I cannot change. Open me to a future that I know I have the ability to change. Give to me the grace I need this day to grow more and more into the likeness and image of your Son, Jesus Christ, who is the Light you have given to the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment