Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Prayer: Help me to appreciate rest for the journey


Lord, help me to appreciate the fact that you give me a resting place. God and I can pause, renewing myself for the journey. I know I will need to take to the road again. You told us as your followers to go into the world. This pause enables me to ready the sail. My true homeland is not here. In one sense, we as Christians are strangers in every land. We are pilgrims moving toward the abiding city of God. That is also true of me as an American follower of Jesus. No matter how much I love this land and its mission of the spread of liberty, it remains my temporary home. As I go, I will pray. As I go, love will be my song and life will be my celebration. I have the privilege to be one small part of the house of God that God is fashioning. I want to go with God this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment