Friday, September 22, 2017

Prayer: Help me to open my door to those in need


Lord, help me to open my door to those in need. You know me, Lord. I fear those who are different from me. I am suspicious of the stranger. I do not want the other to use me. Yet, Jesus taught us to show hospitality, to welcome others, and to give a cup of cold water (Matthew 10:40-42). Prod me beyond my closed door. Give me the courage to reach out to those in need. You have given me so much. Help me to share what you have given me with those who have less. Remind me that so many people are strangers to the love of God. In your Son, Jesus, you broadened your promises to Israel to include humanity. You invited all persons to become part of the people of God. You have an open door to us. You welcomed us. Help me to welcome others in the same love you have shown to humanity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment