Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Prayer: I take your gifts to me for granted

 
           You are the God of all creation and the maker of all things. You have gifted your church with uncountable talents and provided many of us with comfortable living spaces. As for me, sometimes I am wise and use my talents for good purpose. I invest them, foster them, and watch them grow in usefulness to the reign of God. Yet, too often, I take what you have given me for granted. Rather than using your gifts wisely, I bury them to keep them safe, or squander them on things I do not really need. I fall into the temptation of debt, putting my wants ahead of my true needs, and my desires ahead of what you desire for me and your rule. In my selfishness, my eyes and ears close to the very ones you call us to serve and care for. Forgive me, Lord, when I hide or squander your gifts. Strengthen me and help me stand firm in your ways. Teach me to be a wise steward of all that you give me. The Body of Christ needs all of its members for the ministry you place before each of us. I trust that you have supplied the needs for the part of the Body of Christ in which I participate. Therefore, inspire your church to use these gifts in ways that bring pleasure to God. Give me courage to invest myself and to overcome the fears that inhibit the work of the rule of God.

            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment