Thursday, September 7, 2017

Prayer: I bring to you persons who have sadden hearts


Lord, in Jesus your Son you have born the burdens of people and comforted the sorrowful. I bring to you today the persons in my life who have saddened hearts: _____, _____, and _____. Help me to mediate your strengthening sympathy to them. I ask you to grant that my companionship with you may continually refresh me so that the burdens of the world may not crush me. You are the one who bears the burdens that I cannot. You are their redeemer in a way I could never hope or desire to be. Only the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ can carry in your strong heart the woes of this world. In this faith, teach me to do my duty today, as I see it be your will, and save me from the depression of those who try to carry more than you have made people to bear. I look to you for help, O Lord. O Lamb of God, you are the one who bears the sins and burdens of this world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment